Establishing war memorials are very important to pay respectful homage to the soldiers who sacrificed their lives to save the country. Well, there are many memorials in India but the Dharamshala war memorial is an important place in India. Well this, war memorial Dharamshala is one of the famous tourist spots in Dharamshala.
With all due love and respect towards the warriors of 1947-1948, 1962, 1965 and 1971 this war memorial was built. This place is suited to the magnificent pine forest of Dharamshala. The unique thing about this place is that the memorial here will display all the names of the warriors in the place which is naturally surrounded by gardens and trees.
Let’s know more about the Dharamshala war memorial:
The primary motive of building the Dharamshala war memorial is to commemorate the memory of the soldiers who fought for saving the country during the Indo-China War and In UN Peace Operations. It is in the memory of these soldiers that three huge panels of black stone 24 feet in height have been carved out.
This war memorial Dharamshala is surrounded by pine forests and enchanting the picturesque views of the region will be simply mind-blowing. Apart from this, you will have some refreshments from the nearby hotels.
What are the other major tourist spots in Dharamshala which is around the war memorial?
1) Stadium –This cricket stadium is situated in the Herculean Himalayan mountain ranges. The place is located at a height of about 1457 meters above sea level. The fascinating beauty of nature makes this place more popular among many people. If you love cricket then you should visit the cricket stadium to get a unique experience of visiting the stadium.
2) Library of Tibetan works –With lots of possession and artefacts of manuscripts, this library is no less than heaven for those who want to enrich their intelligence. According to data, it is believed that the library holds about 80,000 manuscripts along with 600 Buddhist artefacts. Some of them are as old as the 12th century.
3) St. John in the Wilderness Church – It is believed that the church was built in 1852. Today, it is considered to be one of the most important churches in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. The church is located in a beautiful place which will make you mesmerized. You will love how the church is built and you will find peace after visiting the place.
4) Namgyal Monastery –This place is situated within the Tsuglagkhang complex and the Namgyal Monastery overlooks the mountain ranges of Dhauladhar. Among the various other shrines, bookstores, temples and many more, this complex is also home to the residence of the Dalai Lama.
5) Triund –It is situated at a great height. Know that Triund is a nine kilometres trek away from Mcleodganj. The view from the Peak will be mesmerizing. This is the ideal spot for people who wish to experience trekking whether it’s for the first time or not.
If you want guidance to plan your trip, then contact Free Guide For You today to plan your trip in the best possible way.