Although most people have a notion that Dharamshala, Mcleodganj is just a place for spiritualism that is not true. There are many more to do in Mcleodganj and there are many more other things to explore as well. All you need is a better understanding of the place.
Without a doubt the place have a few places like the St. John Church, the Bhagsu Waterfall or the Bhagsu Nag Shiv Mandir in Mcleodganj. But that is not it. There are a few things in Mcleodganj that you should never miss out on the world –
• The winter and spring in Dharamshala – There can be nothing beautiful than a place where you can actually see the clouds touching the hills and the snow covering them. The charm of the place is incredible and you just cannot get over the same.
• The Atmosphere – How can be something not worth visiting when you have a soothing atmosphere. The place is a mixture of various culture, spirituality and positivity. The air of Dharamshala contains purity, love and peace. It is extremely beautiful.
• Stay at the Mcleodganj monasteries – Amazingly, the land of Lamas have no rules while staying at their places and you should definitely try this one out. Not only could you visit the Dalai Lama temple and meditate in the holy surroundings, but you could befriend and offer your services to the monks too.
• The Food, Streets, Shops and Café – This cool hill station is a home to some talented travelers who illustrate their skills across the streets. Walk past such graffitis, taste the delectable steamed momos, sip some thupka (soup noodles) and shop bohemian style.
• Go for Camping – Nothing can be more beautiful than the camping at Dharamshala. The trip to Mcleodganj and Dharamshala will be no a waste if you are not getting a camping in Dharamshala.
• Go for Trekking – Seeking adventure on your next getaway? A trek to Triund is worth all the effort. Walk past the trodden trails, pine forests up to the hill for the majestic views. For those looking for more than just adventure, there’s a cave close by. You could camp inside too (monks could help you find the way.
• Visit Naddi Village – Spend a few days and nights at Naddi Village in Dharamshala. You are going to get the best days of your life.
There are plenty of things to do in Mcleodganj. And you should definitely make sure that you are getting all off the above mentioned things.