Did you know that there is a beautiful place in India which you can visit to reduce your stress and enjoy your free time? Its located in North India – Dharamshala. It is the winter capital of Himachal Pradesh and is sectioned into two parts – lower and upper Dharamshala. Now that you know about the place let’s know the best places to visit in Dharamshala.
1. Tsuglagkhang Complex – This place is located on Temple Road. The Tsuglagkhang Complex is a religious place and one of the important points of interest in Dharamshala. It was built when His Holiness the Dalai Lama visited India for the first time in 1959. The complex is one of the most visited places in Dharamsala.
2. Kareri Dal Lake – It is one of the best places to visit in Dharamshala. This lake is spread over 1 sq km and is named after its marvellous counterpart of Kashmir. Its awesome beauty and calm setting make it the most popular place in Dharamshala. The stunning lake is also surrounded by green deodar vegetation and snow-capped mountains.
3. Bhagsu Waterfall Mcleodganj – Popularly known as the Bhagsu falls. This fall is located a few kilometres upslope from the Bhagsunag Temple. It is the best sightseeing place in Dharamsala. The waterfall is around 20 meters in height and is surrounded by natural beauty. The Bhagsu Waterfall Mcleodganj is the most charming place to visit during the monsoon since the water will look like a sparkling cascade with white water. Also, the Bhagsu Waterfall Mcleodganj is a popular place for trekking and getting a splendid view of Dharamshala.
4. St John In The Wilderness Church – This is one of the ancient churches that was built in 1852. This St John In The Wilderness Church is located near Dharamshala on the way to Mcledoganj. The church flaunts the neo-Gothic form of architecture and is also famous for its Belgian stained-glass windows. St John In The Wilderness Church is one of the most delightful places here and you can have a peaceful time here at the church.
5. Dharamshala Cricket Stadium – This stadium in the mountains of Dharamshala is the Dharamshala Cricket ground which is the top attraction of the city. This place also ranks as one of the top places to visit in Dharamshala. It is located at an altitude of 1457 meters and is one of the highest cricket grounds in the world. The surroundings of this stadium add beauty to this place.
6. Bhagsunag Temple – The Bhagsunag temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the ancient temple here. It’s also one of the best places to visit in Dharamshala. Every year thousands of pilgrims flock to this temple. The surrounding beauty of this temple has made it one of the most attractive places among tourists.
If you have any doubts about travelling to Dharamshala, contact Free Guide For You today. We will help you with the free tourist guide, car and accommodation services. Feel free to get in touch with us before you plan your trip to know the exciting places and offers available here.