Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most favorite places for the tourist and travelers to delve into. The reason behind is the beauty of the place and the serenity and peace that the place provides to its people.
The beautiful Dharamshala has a lot to offer and there are many places to visit in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. Here is a list of the best places to visit in Dharamshala –
• Tsuglagkhang complex – Home to the spiritual Guru Dalai Lama, the Tsuglagkhang complex is located at the Temple road. This is a religious center which was built in the year 1959 when his holiness Dalai Lama first visited India. You should not miss to visit the Namgyal Monastery, the Tibetan museum, the in-house bookstore and library, monastery café, and the prestigious private residence of His Holiness here.
• The Kareri Dal Lake – The Kareri Dal Lake is another amazing place to visit in Dharamshala. The beauty of this lake is inexplicable and is a marvelous counterpart of the Dal Lake seen in Kashmir. This spell bounding beauty is a must visit in Dharamshala and everyone around the world should visit the place at least once in their lifetime.
• The Bhagsunag Temple – The Bhagsunag temple is another important place to visit in Dharamshala and the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The main attraction in the temple is the falls behind the temple which is known as the Bhagsunag falls. There are interesting folklores behind the formation of the falls and the temple.
• Gyuto Monastery – Gyuto Monastery is the residence of Karmapa – the Head of the Kagyu Tibetan Buddhism. It is quite popular for its research on Buddhist Philosophy, Tantric rituals, and Tantric meditation. This famous monastery was built in the memory of soldiers who devoted their lives to Tibet Freedom War. What you should not miss here is The Image of Sakyamuni Buddha. Also, Karmapa’s speech on every Wednesday and Saturday.
• Naddi Village – Surrounded by natural beauty, the Naddi village is all about heaven on earth. The place is located at the top of the hill and quite far away from the reach of any towns. One of most picturesque places to visit near Dharamshala. Naddi is a remote village that offers a mesmerizing view of the lofty mountains, deep plush Kangra valley, and luxuriant deodar forests. On a clear day you can also view snowy peaks of the Dhauladhar ranges.