Dharamshala is a beautiful hill station located in Himachal Pradesh and one of the major attraction points of tourist. It contains beautiful lakes, mountain ranges and beautiful forests that seem decorated. Dharamshala is not just rich in natural beauty but its history is also very rich. Dharamshala not just attracts tourist but also lot of devotee too. And one of the main places where these devotees come is Bhagsu Nag temple.
Bhagsu Nag Shiv Mandir which is located one km away from McLeod Ganj is very sacred place Hindu’s and it is devoted to the snake god Bhagsu Nag, and to Lord Shiva. There is a freshwater spring available which is flows through the temple and lot of pilgrims come and take holy dip in there. At a distance of 20 minute walk there is a beautiful waterfall also available, which is also an attraction point of the tourist. The village where the Bhagsu Nag temple is situated is known as Bhagsu village and the people that live there are from Gaddi tribe.
If you are thinking about visiting Bhagsu Nag Shiv Mandir Dharamshala then here are some tips which will help to make your journey easy.
Tips for traveller:
• To visit Bhagsu Nag temple you will have to walk a lot and will need to climb a lot of staircase, make sure your dress do not cause much trouble while walking.
• The temple is considered very sacral, so photography is not allowed inside the temple but you can take pictures outside.
• While in the temple always maintain discipline and an orderly behaviour and to avoid trouble do not try to enter any restricted place.
Things to do:
• As the temple is dedicated to lord Shiva, while visiting the temple you can pray to lord Shiva.
• Bhagsu Nag temple is surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and it also has a waterfall near it. So you can hike or take a stroll around the place to enjoy its surrounding.
• In the premises of the temple there is a pool and you can take a holy dip in there.
• Even if camera is not allowed inside the temple, but you can capture the beauty of nature around it.
To visit Bhagsu Nag temple the best time is around September, since during monsoon heavy rainfall cause lot of landslides. Also in the month of the September there is a annual festival which is held every year, so if you want to visit the grand festival of Bhagsu Nag Shiv Mandir then come in the month of September.